15 Mar 2023
Fort McMurray, AB
Agilus is recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer in the oil and gas sector in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Our Client's Mechanical Engineering team is seeking a Mechanical Engineer (Static Equipment) candidate. The Mechanical engineering team’s main focus is to maintain and improve safety & reliability on all Static Equipment classes (e.g. piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, flares, furnaces, tanks, boilers etc.) that enable business units to operate safely and reliably. Accountabilities:
Successful candidates will have:
- Provide support to turnaround activities by being available during turnaround to provide engineering assessment, perform risk assessments, provide critique, complete shutdown report etc.
- Provide input into shutdown scope development based on previous history and known future issues
- rovide improvements to plant operation and reliability through innovative engineering and resolve root cause performance problems with static pressure equipment
- Provide support as required to other disciplines e.g. inspections, materials engineering, process and technical disciplines
- Responsible for achieving code compliance and/or governing authority endorsement of designs produced personally or by junior personnel under his/her guidance.
- Provide general mechanical engineering support relating to static equipment fitness for service (FFS) assessment, repair specifications, re-rate assessment, failure investigation, purchase specification, equipment strategies support etc. to site operating units.
- Preparation of high quality engineering packages (both turnaround and running unit) to ensure the reliability of the plant. These include:
o Repair packages (both emergency and routine maintenance)
o Upgrade packages with management of change, risk assessment / peer review, revised drawings and data sheets, etc.
- 0-10 years experience in static equipment inspection, maintenance and design and have knowledge of commonly used design and fabrication codes as well as post construction specifications for pressure vessels, furnaces, heat exchangers and process & slurry piping
- Knowledge of and experience using mechanical design tools for static equipment (such as PV Elite, CAESAR II stress analysis, SagePlus, CodeCalc etc.) to support design verification and FFS assessment
- Knowledge of materials engineering including Refractory is a plus to aid assessment of suitable materials and their fabrication as part of the design or repair process
- Knowledge of risk based work selection process is a key asset
- Experience in Equipment Strategy Development in a multi discipline team for key units
- Participation in Root Cause Failure Analysis for static equipment
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer of Choice
- ASAP Start
- Contract- Until March 2024
Please apply directly online or by email email@example.com
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive; we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly or subscribe to our email alerts at agilus.ca/Account/Register
as new exciting employment opportunities become available daily.