09 Aug 2022
Calling all experienced and licensed Gas Fitters...Agilus is recruiting for a Gas Fitter in the skilled trades in , Ontario. The Gas Fitter would be responsible for the installation, inspection, repair, and maintenance of gas lines and gas equipment such as meters, regulators, heating units and appliances in residential, commercial, and industrial establishments. Responsibilities:
- Understanding drawings and technical specs regarding inspections of new equipment to determine the layout, installation procedures, and materials required for the job. Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Installing gas lines — pipes, meters, regulators on utility side of meter and connections to supply lines. Flexibility to travel to different locations within assigned work Area/Region.
- Maintaining and repairing gas lines on the utility meters and minor repairs on the customer meter.
- Testing of safety controls on defective equipment and/or components. Always adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment.
- Apply testing and replacements for utility equipment only.
- Testing and adjustment of control mechanisms and check pipes and piping connections for gas leaks using gas detecting devices.
- Attending to gas leaks (hot calls) and assisting in the investigation of gas fires and/or explosion. Responding to service calls any time of the day or night.
- Preparing reports on work performed and condition of facilities. Advising clients regarding standards, safety features, and maintenance of gas units and system.
- Completion of a three (3) year apprenticeship program.
- Must have obtained a Gas Fitter license; G2 or G1.
- 1-3 years as a Gas Fitting tradesperson.
- Experience within the gas industry and/or service sector is an asset.
- Initial training is 2-3 months during which a training wage is paid
- $80,000-$150,000/year depending on amount of work taken on
- Travel is minimal with most contact with customers by phone, fax, or e-mail.
Please apply directly online by email email@example.com
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive; we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly or subscribe to our email alerts at agilus.ca/Account/Register
as new exciting employment opportunities become available daily.