24 Jan 2023
Health & Safety Advisor
Agilus is recruiting for a Health & Safety Advisor in the oil & gas industry in Waterdown, Ontario. The Health & Safety advisor will be responsible for initiatives; emergency management, monitor legal and regulatory requirements, support incident investigations, root cause analysis, and audits. This individual will be responsible for providing technical expertise including the ability to lead, coordinate, and support continuous improvement initiatives for safety.
A typical day:
Successful candidates will have:
- Reporting to the Manager- Environment, Health & Safety - the advisor will develop, implement and assess safety programs and health & safety analytics.
- Conduct gap analysis and audit of health and safety programming; prepare reports and work plans prioritized based on risk to find solutions and efficiencies. Identify risks, trends in root cause and recommend controls
- Develop metrics and prepare performance reports
- Lead in development of procedures and positions on health and safety related regulatory issues, and standard operating procedures
- Participate in or lead investigations to determine root cause and develop corrective actions as well as assist in the preparation of incident reports
- Provide 24/7 support to emergencies; act as a member of ICS team; assist in development of site contingency planning and emergency response
- Conduct & coordinate H&S related training
- Must have previous Oil & Gas or Linear Infrastructure industry experience
- 10 + years of experience in an industrial health and safety role
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Occupational Health & Safety or advanced Safety certifications
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Health & Safety Consultant (CSSE / CHSC)
- Must have advance computer skills MS Office suite
- Must have extensive knowledge of Ontario health and safety legislation, associated regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and other applicable statutes
- Salary + benefits + pension plan
- Occasional travel required which could mean variant weather, temperatures and working hours
Please apply directly online or by email email@example.com
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive; we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly or subscribe to our email alerts at agilus.ca/Account/Register
as new exciting employment opportunities become available daily.