22 Jul 2021
Agilus is currently seeking a Millwright for our client located in Brampton, ON. Our client is a chemical manufacturing facility.
This is a rotating shift – 2 weeks days / afternoons.
The Millwright installs, maintains and repairs mechanical systems, apparatus, and safety interlocks of machinery and equipment, by performing the following duties in coordination with the departments affected by the work, in an efficient, safe, environmentally conscious manner following all department set by the company and the government of Ontario.
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, and repair industrial equipment within the plant to ensure the ongoing and reliable operation of plant equipment and systems
- Assess, report on, promote, and carry-out process improvement initiatives, specifically with regard to machine and/or system reliability and improved performance
- Maintain the preventive maintenance program, carry-out maintenance activities, and replacement or repair of defective parts, components or system performance testing
- Up-keep of maintenance and parts records using a computerized maintenance management system (Maximo)
- Direct and lead contractors during plant shutdowns and at other times as needed.
- Perform part replacements using suggested manufacturer recommendations
- Maintain files and records of jobs performed and equipment condition as required
- Take part in the performance of project work as required
- Maintain files, records, line diagrams, etc. of electrical and instrumentation equipment and installations
- Reports any equipment or safety violation to his/her supervisor
- Adheres to and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety, Environmental and Management System
- Millwright license
- Pneumatics experience
- Must have previous experience working within a flammable / explosive environment
- 10 + years of experience in a Millwright role
- Must have strong communication skills both oral and written form
- Read, interpret, prepare, or assist in the preparation of documents
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Interpret mechanical and civil drawings and sketches
- Must have basic computer knowledge along with basic experience in Microsoft office
If you are interested, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to Caillie Kelman – firstname.lastname@example.org
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.