26 May 2021
Front End Web Developer
Agilus client in the Digital Media industry is adding an inspired, motivated, and experienced Front end web developer to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Technology, Solutions and Development, the Senior Front End/Web Developer will join a talented, experienced development team working with the latest technologies that deliver innovative & responsive experiences.
Interacts with team members daily to understand user needs (user stories, prototypes, wire frames) and interpret into technical and functional specifications for development
Experience with all phases of SDLC and the agile methodology
Estimations and Discovery
- Take leadership on user journey discovery and UI development estimations
- Understands and participates in technical knowledge spikes and research sessions
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and architecture Software Development
- Develop new user-facing features by building reusable, quality code and libraries for future-use across all functional groups
- Ensure all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Optimize application(s) for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with QA team to develop test cases, unit and integration testing
- Defining success in this role:
- Taking leadership on UX/UI development work, providing, or participating in code reviews, and general team communication is key to a successful experience as a Sr. Front-end Developer.
- UX/UI frameworks and languages;
- Working knowledge of web service server (WCF/SOAP/REST) and client development;
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Advanced understanding of responsive web design
- Experience with cross-platform development and platform specific compatibility optimizations
- Understanding of different web browser limitations, differences, and workarounds is a must
- Advanced understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Working knowledge with XML/XSLT/XSD/JSON
- Demonstrated experience using data or applying analytical techniques though the SDLC process to assist in development efforts;
- Good understanding of software security; CORS, tokens • Experience working with enterprise applications;
- Hands on experience with integrated development environments such as Eclipse, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
- Understanding of continuous integration development environment, particularly with Git, RhodeCode, Jenkins CI, IIS, and Azure
- Experience with Azure cloud development, particularly Azure App Services, and API Apps
- Basic knowledge of Microservice development;
- Experience with Test Automation is an asset;
- A Computer Science / Engineering Professional Degree is preferred although 4-6 years related experience plus substantial on-going job-related training would be considered.
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Cody Walker at Cwalker@agilus.ca
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.