Agilus is recruiting for a System Engineer -Air Surveillance for our client in the Defense Industry located in the Ottawa ON region.
Responsibility & Duties include but not limited to:
The successful candidate will play a critical role as part of the engineering team responsible for delivering a long-range air surveillance system. You will have demonstrated operational experience in the use of military ground based air defense systems including, but not limited to, radar, tactical data links, Command and Control (C2) systems, and secure voice and data communication systems. Provide operational and technical expertise to enable the successful specification, design, implementation and integration of military ground based air defense systems including, but not limited to, radar, tactical data links, Command and Control (C2) systems, and secure voice and data communication systems.
- Coordinates the analysis of system, subsystem and software requirements and the definition of the applicable test objectives.
- Supervises the integration and test activities in the lab and on site ensuring the application of standards, best practices and measuring the work quality
- Investigates integration anomalies through review of data files, design documentation and through interaction with the development teams
- Coordinates the project verification and validation work, including the preparation of the test plans
- Provides expert analysis and recommendations to resolve system integration and commissioning problems and risks
Requirements and Skillset
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance Ability to meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the Canadian Controlled Goods Registration Program
- Demonstrated operational experience in the use of military ground based air defense systems
- Experience in working with radar, IFF, Link-11, command and control systems, and secure voice communications systems
- Experience in managing interfaces between radar and C2 subsystems to meet overall platform level requirements
- Possess military background in ground based air defense, air weapons control, Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and prioritize requests
- Prefer candidate fluent in English and is a skilled communicator
- Possess ability to work on a team, responsible, quality oriented and able to meet deadlines, aptitude for clear and concise thinking, flexible and able to adapt to change
- Experience as a Project Manager or Work Package Manager would be considered an asset
Compensation & Payrate
One Year Contract - May 3 2021 to April 29 2021
Pay Rate: Range from $59.61to $72.69 Per hour
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Hong Zhu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We encourage you to visitagilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternate format available upon request.