Agilus is currently seeking a Reliability Technical Writer for our client based in the Calgary, AB.
· This role supports the Enterprise Reliability Asset Management (ERAM) project by facilitating the creation of content for GE APM software instructional learning (virtual/in-person hands-on, classroom and virtual instruction) as well as manual, reference guide, and standards document development.
· Asset reliability management system manual and quick reference guidelines.
· Develop and build end-user manual & quick reference guidelines for reliability software end users.
· Reliability work process guidelines
o Modify Existing guidelines with direction from company’s SME.
o Develop new guidelines with direction from company’s SME.
o Develop new activity guidance documents with direction from company’s SME.
o Develop roles and responsibility charts (RACIs).
o Content build for Maintenance and Reliability knowledge library.
· Create instructional materials in collaboration with the APM Training Specialist.
· Additional accountabilities include:
o Developing comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
o Cultivate an understanding of asset work processes and supporting tools; translate complex software and work process information into simple, polished, and engaging end-user content.
o Writing user-engaging content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
o Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
o Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, while working closely with program leads and SMEs to understand project requirements.
o Information gathering from SME’s and STEN Leads to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
o Working with business stakeholders, SME’s and ops Leads to identify all documentation and repositories.
o Developing content in electronic media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
· 3-5 years of industry relevant experience as a technical writer
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field is an asset.
· P. Eng. certification is an asset.
· Writing technical documents, standards, and training instructions in Oil, petroleum processing, chemical processing, and/or mining industries
· Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex work processes, engineering standards, and software systems.
· Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for technically minded audiences.
· Experience working with software engineers and designers to develop training for technical software applications.
· Applied knowledge of GE APM and/or Meridium asset performance management software with an emphasis on Essentials, Strategy, Health, and Reliability Analytics modules.
· Detail focused, inquisitive, self-starter.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to participate in engineering tasks including design, UI, content development, and visual content capture for technical document content build.
If you are interested, please apply directly online or submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!