Currently seeking a Project Manager with General Contracting experience in the GTA.
Major Scope projects between 15,000,000 and 50,000,000 in annual construction cost.
The Project Manager is responsible for the project and is accountable for satisfying the Company and the client in terms of quality, safety, timeliness and cost. The Project Manager is responsible for the pre-planning, development and implementation of the project until completion. Being responsible for ensuring that the project is completed safely, on schedule, within budget and in compliance with the contract. All while meeting the client’s requirements.
· Knows, practices and enforces the companies safety policies and procedures to visibly create safe operations as a top priority on the project site
· Establishes clear safety expectations for all on the project site, including subcontractors and visitors and assigns safety responsibility to site personnel
· Monitors the project site for compliance with safety policies and practices and corrects any safety violations
· Ensures safety violations and accidents are documented, administered, reported and investigated in accordance with company policies
· Ensures the project meets quality and performance specifications and regulatory requirements
· Knows specifications and regulatory requirements for the project
· Ensures Inspection & Test Plan’s (ITP’s) are adhered to and established
· Conducts daily inspections of the project to ensure work is being done appropriately
· Ensures project work is supervised by qualified project management personnel
· Ensures project complies with companies quality management procedures
· Effectively manages the start-up of the project
· Reviews project start-up checklist and implements functions
· Develops, maintains, updates, distributes and manages estimates
· Decides how to handle client change orders, including when to request a change order and how to price the change order
· Reviews construction strategy and approach with estimators and Business Development personnel during the bidding and proposal process
· Assists in negotiating work with prospective clients, and recommends the contract type if one is not specified
· Ensures the project schedule is developed and maintained
· Must have extensive knowledge of cost accounting/reporting systems and be able to recognize and correct cost overruns and compensate for estimating oversights
· Assures client receivables are paid and discusses their collection with the client if necessary
· Monitors construction progress in relation to percent of contract billed
· Monitors the financial status of assigned projects by reviewing management reports, talking with the Project Manager and inspecting the project site
· Ensures project risks are identified and actively managed
· Ensures daily logs, test reports, inspection reports and permits are maintained
· Reports and documents issues to potential claims
· Ensures reporting and maintenance of all safety-related and quality management documentation
· Coordinates support functions including project start-up with internal and external team members
· Manages risk exposures on the project
· Manages and monitors the critical path on the master schedule
· Ensures the Project Coordinator manages and monitors all assigned aspects of the schedule
· Conducts daily meeting with the Project Coordinator(s), Superintendent, Safety, and additional site staff to ensure coordination of the project
· Conducts and minutes regular meetings with subcontractors to coordinate activities, review progress and address issues
· Reviews change orders and schedules them into the project
· Notifies the consultant and owner of resulting schedule impacts
· Ability to effectively create, interpret and execute contracts
· Effectively manages change order and billings process
· Successfully manages subcontractors, including disputere solutions and timely processing of payment requests
· Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with subcontractors
· Ensures subcontractors are clear about the scope of work for which they are accountable
· Ensures subcontractors have the information needed tofulfil their obligations, including blueprints, drawings, specifications, scheduling information, access to the project site, etc.
· Monitors subcontractor performance, relying on direct observation, observations of the Superintendent and Project Manager, labour productivity reports, variance reports, etc.
· Immediately notifies subcontractors of drawing, specification, or scope changes for their timely review and response
· Holds subcontractors accountable for fulfilling their obligations to the client and the Company
· Approves subcontractor invoices for payment
· Compares work billed with work performed and keeps them in balance
· Effectively implements the Company buy out procedures(bid packs)
· Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with the client and the client’s agents
· Understands key issues of the client’s business and factor critical to the operation of the facility/processes on site
· Maintains a high level of client confidence and satisfaction through the following:
· Manages and directs Assistant Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Estimators and nonsupervisory administrative employees
· Hires, trains, coaches, disciplines, and develops employees
· Establishes and maintains positive, effective working relationship within internal and external contacts
· Determines course of action to achieve departmental and organizational goals
· Completes performance communications and establishes clear expectations of performance for direct reports
· Post-secondary degree/diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related fields
· Professional registration, P.Eng. and/or Gold Seal Certification in Project Management is an asset.
· 5 + years experience in the field of construction project management with exposure to projects of major scope. Advanced skills in MS Office products –Excel, Word and Outlook, Primavera and Prolog software are an asset.
· Practices good communication skills
· Writes routine reports and correspondences
· Effectively presents information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
· Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
· Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions
· Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deals with several abstract and concrete variables
Please apply directly online or submit your updated word resume to Samantha West at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Agilus, formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, Lucas Professional Search Group and Braun Valley Associates.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternate format available upon request.
Posting ID: 109944