16 Sep 2020
Senior Systems Engineer
Are you a Senior Systems Engineer with 7+ years design experience, ideally in aerospace? Do you have your Bachelors (minimum) of Engineering?
Are you in Kanata, or open to relocation? Agilus has a long term contract with a leading company known for it's design, development and integration of highly complex systems for spacecrafts.
Job Title: Mission Systems Engineer
how you will spend your day:
- Engineer you will part of a team that specializes in the design, development and manufacturing of novel, state-of-the-art small satellite missions for military, space and commercial applications, including Earth observation, atmospheric monitoring, space situational awareness, maritime traffic monitoring, and optical communications.
- You will be integral in creating system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will be involved in every aspect of the systems life cycle; from the front end of business development through product end of life. Apply engineering knowledge, tools, and principals to develop systems for current space optical instrumentation hardware developments and on preparatory studies for new space optical and science instrumentation.
- Provide technical leadership on system development programs, including optical remote sensing payloads, optical communications terminals, and astronomy instruments
- Lead high-level system architectural studies and operational concepts (CONOPs)
- System sizing, requirements development, trade studies, system feasibility, modeling and simulation, and cost, schedule and risk analysis.
- Detailed engineering for spacecraft design, electrical design and analysis, trajectory/orbital analysis, and payload design
- Support proposal preparation for the new business pursuits.
What you bring to our client:
- Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
- Minimum Enhanced/Reliability clearance, Level II Secret preferred
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering or Applied Science
- Minimum 7 years of relevant system design experience
What else is "nice to have"• Advanced degree in engineering or applied science • Knowledge of various spacecraft subsystems, e.g. structures, thermal, power, avionics, propulsion, etc. • Knowledge or experience with small satellite mission design • Experience using Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches and tools in space systems development programs • Experience in multiple phases of the life-cycle process and the systems engineering "V" • Experience with schedule, technical, and risk aspects of space systems • Working knowledge of MS Office applications, and systems engineering modeling software • Effective customer engagement, interpersonal communications, writing, and briefing skills• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment • Ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver optimal solutions • Clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a variety of audiences • Knowledge of technical standards and design approaches used for products for use in space environments • Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision • Experience with end-to-end satellite operations software architecture design and development, including operations systems such as Galaxy, ITOS, or similar What is in it for you:
- long term contract
- competitive wages
How to apply:
email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR apply directly to this website posting