17 Sep 2020
Agilus is currently recruiting for an experienced Sales Engineer for our client in the manufacturing industry. This is a global client who specializes in mold texturing and surface finishes for a very diverse client base including automotive.
Position: Sales Engineer
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Reports To: Vice President of Sales/North America
Summary of Position: The position of Sales Engineer is to service tool shops and molders; coverage, consultation, and communication. The focus of a Sales Engineer should be both local and global. Sales Engineers work with the G-KAM and/or L-KAM, and Program Managers to track work as it progresses through the supply base. Sales Engineers sell and track all tooling work, not only automotive work. The Sales Engineer must have clear communications to the customers, so they know what to expect. The Sales Engineer must efficiently cover an entire territory and be able to develop a strong consultative relationship with the local tool shops and molders, as well as supporting customers outside of Canada remotely.
- Know the tool shop customers and molders, but more importantly he/she must be known by the customers – known as the ‘go to’ person for texturing and related services.
- Sell the global combined offerings of SEMT, as applicable.
- Know the local market and connected key personnel. Who’s expanding, what’s new, market pulse, etc.
- Technical aptitude is critical in this role. The tool shops and connected suppliers must feel comfortable and trust the advice you offer.
- Being able to review tooling, and molded parts, and offer solutions that meet the needs of all parties involved
- Detailed oriented to ensure nothing is missing or overlooked.
- Consulting at the Engineering and development stage of the process, as well as consulting with the tool shop to make the transition from tool build to texturing seamless. Make it EASY for the customer.
- Attending pre-texture and post-texture tool try-outs when required. This opportunity can yield numerous aspects to selling, including:
- Weld and polish
- Stage 2 work – disassembly, texture, molding try-out, and re-assembly
- Adding textures for functional applications – flow, knit, sink, grip on core, etc.
- Additional work – Tribocoat, Release Coat, MicroMatte, glossing, etc.
- Receive Program Tracking Matrix from Program Managers, and follow-up with related tool shop customers. Update Program Tracking Matrix with accurate details.
Education and Requirements:
· Bachelor degree with major in business, sales/marketing or related field required with 3+ years in a sales engineer role. High school or Associates degree may be considered (in lieu of Bachelors) with equivalent experience.
· Experience working with automotive customers
- Knowledge of automotive industry, tool/mold shops strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to build positive relationships with clients and other members of the sales team
- Ability to problem solve through understanding of customer needs and concerns, then recommending feasible solutions
- Ability to influence through effective communication (client presentations, written and verbal communications)
- Proficient in MS Office products, internet navigation
- Ability to travel locally as needed, occasional long distance travel may be required
- up to negotiation for the right candidate
- Car allowance for mileage or company vehicle if needs
- Laptop and cellphone provided
- Competitive benefits package
- Retirement match program
For immediate consideration, apply with your resume today