14 Oct 2020
Sr. Software Developer
Agilus is recruiting for Sr. Software Developers based in Downtown Toronto.
Our client, a leading digital media company, has immediate openings for multiple experienced Sr. Developers. These are full-time, permanent positions located in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
Job Description:As part of the team, you will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated Engineers, Product Managers and Designers determined to deliver some of the best apps the market has to offer.
- Working with our preferred technology stack (Primarily Elixir/Phoenix and/or Ruby on Rails).
- Develop, scale, and optimize amazing GraphQL & RESTful APIs.
- Be part of our backend service teams supporting web and mobile clients.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and delivery of new features in a collaborative agile/scrum environment.
- Other duties as required.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, distributed systems, algorithms and software design.
- Passionate about clean code architecture and software craftsmanship.
- Experience with modern web framework and API development (Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django, Node).
- Experience with Git and GitHub or similar.
- A strong grasp and experience with relational databases; including PostgreSQL, MySQL & CockroachDB.
- Experience with background job processing (Exq, Sidekiq, Celery, Beanstalk, RabbitMQ).
- Comfortable working in the terminal.
- Proficiency within an editor of your choice.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as ExUnit, RSpec, Jest, pytest or equivalent.
- Experience working with profiling tools.
- Knowledge and familiarity with caching strategies and tools.
- Consuming and integrating with third party APIs.
- Building GraphQL APIs (Absinthe)
- GraphQL schema stitching & subscriptions
- Contribution to open source software
- Experience working at start-ups
- Passion for sports and/or esports
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Cody Walker at email@example.com.
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Agilus,formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, LucasProfessional Search Group and Braun Valley Associates.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternate format available upon request.