Our client a global manufacturer and distributor of small construction vehicles and machinery is looking for a Product Engineer / Technical Advisor for their GTA location.
In this role you will develop, introduce and solve technical problems on their different product lines related to tractors, construction equipment and utility vehicles.
• Assist in market study of new product design requested and understanding of the competitor position and products.
• Manage the project through prototype stage, testing and evaluation, final approval and production follow-up. Includes preparation of all required documents such as bilingual operator’s manuals, parts manuals, technical support manuals as well as engineering approval documentation.
• Provide training and technical support of the new products.
• Provide quick response and appropriate actions to resolve technical issues on existing products.
• Actively develop solutions for product improvement and to support sales growth through new and innovative products as well as upgrading current offerings.
• Coordinate and manage in field testing including cold weather testing and evaluation of products as requested. Includes preparing competitive machines for product comparisons.
• Assist the Corporate Engineers in the understanding of Canada’s customer applications and product requirements to ensure that the new product is appropriate and of the highest quality and performance possible.
• Provide accurate information for the different departments and Customers through Bill of Materials (BOM) control and updating of Smart-BOM (SBOM)
• Graduate of technical college – A Technician license in Farm Equipment or Heavy Equipment is strongly preferred.
• 5 years of experience at dealer level preferred
• In depth knowledge and hands on experience with engines, power trains, hydraulics, electrical systems as relates to agricultural, turf and construction machinery.
• Bilingual is an asset
• Works largely within departmental procedures. Able to communicate effectively. Able to work with minimal supervision. Able to make decisions and support ideas with conviction.
• Computer skills - Microsoft programs (word, excel, power point), Gmail, AS400, fluency with computers is a must.
• Team player.
• Able to listen, understand and respond to customer needs
If you are interested, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative formats available upon request
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!